Christopher Brainerd blogs about his journey into Buddhism

This is a collection of Christopher Brainerd's ramblings written as a novice student of Buddhism.
My primary practice is Jodo Shinshu, yet I ramble on many spiritual topics.
Some of what follows is original, some are quotes or summations for which I provide the source.
Gassho!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thinking

Humans start of not thinking, just being.
                A baby says: “This taste’s good!”
Then we start thinking.
                A child says: “I want more candy.”
Then we start not-thinking and acting hastily.
                A boy says: “More candy!”
To recover, we return to thinking by noticing our habits.
                A man says: “Do I really need candy?”
To reach Enlightenment we return to not-thinking.
                A sage says: “It is what it is.”

No comments:

Post a Comment